Build #183 – Delete and HC

Download: MacCaching Build #183(9mb)

This is a bunch of bug fixes and major update for Garmin HC owners. If you have the HC, please give this build a try and let me know if it works (without locking up MacCaching).

– Fixed: “Delete from Library” caused a crash
– Fixed: Unable to delete caches (from library or cachelist)
– Fixed: Other things that I forgot to record… :)
– Working on: Garmin HC Support

Please note that a “Select Database” dialog has been added. This feature is not entirely functional yet, so please do not report that the buttons “don’t work.”

10 Comments

1. jared said,

Wrote on June 18, 2008 @ 5:36 pm

still seems to crash. I get no response. I’ve tried with the default firmware that comes in package, and the updated version as well.

jared

2. alarm clock said,

Wrote on June 21, 2008 @ 1:18 pm

Hey! any plans to enhance your app for the upcoming GPS-enabled iPhone? something like that could be the best geocaching tool ever! it would certainly get me back into action.

3. Drpower said,

Wrote on July 25, 2008 @ 4:54 pm

I still can not use this with my Garmin Venture HC. I posted to the forums but get no response. Is this a known issue that is being worked on for a release soon?

4. mayberryman said,

Wrote on September 10, 2008 @ 10:45 pm

I also can not get my etrex venture HC to work.

help?

5. swimr said,

Wrote on September 28, 2008 @ 9:44 pm

I can’t get it to work with Garmine Extrex venture HC either. Nice to load caches onto iPod though.

6. Sin Trader said,

Wrote on October 8, 2008 @ 8:13 am

No luck with my Garmin eTrex Venture HC, hope you find a solution soon!

7. mayberryman said,

Wrote on October 10, 2008 @ 9:16 pm

See waiting for a fix for the etrex venture HC

8. Philipp said,

Wrote on October 24, 2008 @ 5:50 am

Hi,

I had the same problem, didn’t work with my Garmin Etrex Venture HC and still locked up. However, recently the GPS-Babel-Project has released a new Beta Version 1.3.6 which has the problems fixed with this device. I replaced the gpsbabel executable in the MacCaching package and and now it works like a charme with no problems.

So, the solution is: Upgrade to a recent version of gpsbabel.

9. mayberryman said,

Wrote on October 31, 2008 @ 11:32 pm

How do I do that. It won’t let me modify MacCacher

10. Andreas said,

Wrote on January 6, 2009 @ 12:44 am

Upgrading the package contents to GPS-Babel project beta version 1.3.6 worked with my eTrex Venture HC (right click MacCaching and show package contents then find GPS Babel in the resources folder and replace with new) but I only seem to be able to upload 50 caches total into my GPS, even though it is supposed to be able to hold 500. Bug? or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for all your hard work on this great product.

Comment RSS